Monday, September 19, 2016

Welcome to Trill Monkey

Hello everyone,

I would like to welcome you to my blog, TRILL MONKEY, a site dedicated to reviewing and analyzing our society, culture, and politics through the lens of movies, television, comics, and other media.So much of our lives are made up of the messages we send and receive and with this blog I hope to give you insight on today's trending topics and how they influence our media. I promise to keep it cool and exciting for you readers and please feel free to help me create the dialogue.

Just as our society has grown, so has the American media. It is my personal belief that we are responsible for our media and that we as the consumers of said mediums need to be more aware of the effects and perceptions created by these messages. Television, movies,  and comics are not new however; they have expanded their range to become more inclusive and sensitive to other cultures and lifestyles. If we are to be responsible consumers of media, we must be able to analyze its relevance and make corrections when needed in order to have a more integrative and  interesting presentation of our society.

Some things to know about me is that I am a senior Communications major attending a small private college in North Carolina. I have loved comics since I first started to read and they have opened so many doors for me as an writer, student, and person. I have always found myself to be part of the counter culture however; I would like to remind you that we are the ones that shape our media. I feel empowered knowing that I can affect change with my butt firmly planted in this computer chair and I hope to inspire others to find something they are passionate about and affect positive change with it.

Thank you and stay trill,

-Will

1 comment:

  1. This blog is just simply amazing. The structure, the format. It was just all put together very well. I love the idea of a black woman as the new iron man.

    ReplyDelete